Jan Schütte had worked as the visiting faculty member at Harvard University in the department of Visual and Environmental studies. His famous movie Supertex prier are the San Sebastian and Tronoti film festival won the critical acclaim and also won numerous awards. The premiere was held in 2003. He has done his MA in Hamburg. Just after completion of degree he also debuted in his first feature film name as Dragon Chow which was directing in the year of 1987. The black and white tragic are premiered at the Venice film fare festival where it won Premio Cinecritica award.
He has achieved so many awards in his lifespan. This film was the most popular movie of the time and also nominated for the so many awards in various film fare festivals. It has also won the international awards German Film Prize and Prix François Truffaut, Prix Unesco. After the success of this film, he continued making and directing movies, some of them are Bye Bye America (1994), The Farewell (2000), SuperTex (2003) and Winckelmann’s Travels (1990). He had also involved in making of the documentaries.
These documentaries were based on the sensitive issue and highly praised by the population. Some film essay and documentaries of Jan Schütte are To Patagonia (1991), Lost in America (1988) and A Voyage into the Innermost of Vienna (1995). He has also worked as the professor at Filmakademie Baden-Württemberg since 1994.
Other achievements of Jan Schütte
- At the 55th international Cannas festival, he was the member of the Cinéfondation and short film jury.
- He has also been the part and was the member of the World Dramatic Competition in 2008 at the Sundance Film Festival.
- At the 2nd Hanio International Film festival in 2012, he was the president of the jury. That time jury award was given to Sword of the Assassin directed by the Vietnamese-American.
- He was the member of the official competition at the 9th Vladivostok ‘Pacific Meridian’ International Film Festival help in the year of 2012.
- After that he was the director of the Deutsche Film- und Fernsehakademie Berlin. He has completed his tenure there from 2010 to 2014.
- He was elected as the dean of the American Film Institute (AFI) Conservatory since 2014. The AFI Conservatory is situated in Los Angeles
- PremioCinecritica award- Venice film fare festival
- international German Film Prize Award
- Prix François Truffaut Award
- Prix Unesco Award