A birdbath is the best way to provide water to birds in simplest way possible. It is one of the great tools for ornithologists to watch the birds closely and take numerous pictures of the feathery creatures.
Bird watching entitles observing birds closely and to make notes. Keeping birdbath helps not only the birds to have fresh supply of water, but it also enables birders to minimize the efforts needed to come closer to birds.
Many nature lovers enjoy the visualization and chirping of the variety of birds in their garden or backyard. They evoke a lively chattering in the garden and even help in pollination. Hence, birdbath provides one of the best ways to lure the birds to visit your garden often or make a nest in the midst of the trees and shrubs present in your yard.
Additional benefits of having birdbaths in your garden:
- Your ecosystem of garden is enriched.
- The atmosphere looks lively with the activities of the birdies and their chirping.
- Help in maintaining the natural balance between the flora, soil and the insects and other essential components of your yard.
- Birds get to drink water as well as able to drive away the heat by taking bath in the water bath.
Before embarking on buying the birdbaths at reasonable price, there are few things that you need to consider. As there are varied selections available in the market you need to choose well to be beneficial for both birds and home owners.
Few hints to buy the bird water bowls and to maintain them:
- The bowl shouldn’t be too deep or quite shallow. The birds are sure to be lured in taking bath for trying to escape the hot atmosphere. Deep bowls may accidently lead birds to get drowned or they get soaked and fall sick. So, choose one that is not more than three inch deep.
- Have it constructed with rough material like cement, composition of bricks or stones. Smooth surface part will by slippery and the birdies will easily lose their grip and may fall down and hurt themselves.
- The upper edges of the vessel should be thin enough to be gripped easily by the birdies. This will help them to drink water easily.
- After buying make sure to keep the bird baths in shaded areas to lessen the impact of hot rays of sun on the water.
- Maintaining hygiene is quite essential as birds may feel sick by drinking dirty water accumulated in the bowl for many days. Hence, regular changing of water is quite essential.
There are mainly three types of birdbaths available in the market. Ground level ones, raised (pedestal) bowls and some suspended above the ground. Many bird lovers like to have little fountain installed in their yard to attract birds which prefer to fly in spray of water without standing in it.
To buy birdbaths at reasonable price, link in popular marketing sites specially dealing with accessories for pets, birds and animals. Otherwise visit the potters and ceramic bowl makers in your locality.